Tableau Training Courses
Precision Analytics Group has several certified Tableau associates and would love to have the opportunity to teach you how to develop beautiful visualizations with Tableau.
Here are the courses that we offer:
Tableau Desktop Fundamentals I
Course Outline: This course is designed for the beginner to intermediate-level Tableau user. It is for anyone who works with data regardless of technical or analytical background. This course is designed to help you understand and use the important concepts and techniques in Tableau to move from simple to complex visualizations and learn how to combine them in interactive dashboards. This course can be condensed into one day or spanned over two days.
Concepts we cover:
- Connect to your data.
- Edit and save a data source.
- Understand Tableau terminology.
- Use the Tableau interface / paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations.
- Create basic calculations including basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, and quick table calculations
- Represent your data using the following visualization types:
- Geographic maps
- Heat maps
- Tree maps
- Pie charts and bar charts
- Dual axis and combined charts with different mark types
- Highlight Tables
- Scatter Plots
- Build dashboards to share visualizations
Tableau Distributed Server Installations and High Availability
Course Outline: This hands-on course is designed for Tableau server administrators to understand how to perform multi-node installations Tableau Server and why it is important to do so. The most basic way to run Tableau Server is to install a single node on a server. This course will provide the administrator more options on how to install Tableau based on their organization’s needs and resources. Adding additional nodes and configuring Tableau for high availability is also achieved.
This is a single-day course
Concepts we cover:
- Single-node installation—This type of installation is reasonable for testing, running trials, and for environments that can handle occasional downtime and system availability due to lack of redundancy. All server processes are running on a single machine
- Distributed installation—This type of installation is also called a multi-node installation and requires multiple computers so you can install and run server processes on those distributed nodes.
- Highly available (HA) installation—An HA installation of Tableau Server is a special type of multi-node installation with a minimum of three nodes and multiple instances of key processes (the Repository, File Store/Data Engine (Hyper), and Coordination Service) on different computers